Village on Sage Street Construction Timeline Update
January 14, 2019 Chris Askin, President, and CEO The partners building the Village on Sage Street hoped that the workforce housing project would be open and begin accepting residents by the end of 2018. Due to construction delays, the project will be ready for move-in sometime at the end of March/early April, absent any significant weather problems. I am glad to share this information on the construction progress on the Village on Sage Street, and to relate what has transpired and what remains to be done. There are multiple factors that have led to the 2019 date. It took significant time to get the design for the property completed and the site ready to receive the modular buildings from Wyoming and place them on the Sage Street property.
- Existing materials had to be identified, and contamination in the ground at the location needed to be properly addressed.
- The building installers, a company based in Alaska, have had to travel back and forth to do work in both locations.
- A new gas pipeline had to be installed on the property before the old pipeline could be abandoned.
- The time it has taken to get the utility connections designed, approved, and installed is another factor in the delay. Utility installation started in December and is wrapping up this month.
- Additional requirements for the buildings, including fire sprinkler systems and ADA modifications for the grounds, have been planned and are currently underway.