The Hall Family Scholarship
Application deadline: April 15
The Hall Family Scholarship was established by Art & Joanne Hall to support students interested in pursuing an education in a medical-related field. Eligible applicants will be residents of the state of Nevada who have been accepted to or who are currently attending University of Nevada, Reno, Western Nevada College, Great Basin College, Truckee Meadows Community College, or Feather River College. Applicants must be pursuing a 2-or-4-year degree or certificate in a medical-related field. Awards of up to $1,000 are available. This is a one-time award, but has the potential to be renewed with reapplication.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be seeking a certification, Associate’s degree, or Bachelor's degree at an accredited institution in a medical-related field
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Be a resident of the State of Nevada
- Have been accepted to or who are currently attending University of Nevada, Reno, Western Nevada College, Great Basin College, Truckee Meadows Community College or Feather River College
- Agree to maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA and submit an unofficial copy of transcripts at the end of each semester they are receiving an award
Along with this application, you'll be required to attach:
- Letters of recommendation from an academic teacher and a community member
- Letter of acceptance from the chosen accredited institution of higher education
- Essay explaining why you chose your course of study, what you will accomplish with your education, and how this will impact your life and your family
Please note: Meeting eligibility requirements does not guarantee a scholarship award will be granted.