Twentieth Century Club Legacy Fund
The Twentieth Century Club, the oldest women’s club in Nevada, connects generations of northern Nevada women making a difference in our communities through philanthropy.
Chartered in 1894, the TCC’s name was chosen to reflect a look to the future and the beginning of a new century. In 1980, the club sold its landmark building on First Street near Arlington Avenue and now meets monthly at the Atlantis Hotel and Casino featuring a program of music or lectures. In nearly 100 years, the 20th Century Club has been involved in passing laws prohibiting spitting on the sidewalks, urging funding for public kindergarten in the state, starting the first Nevada circulating library, and in the 1950-70’s they were well known for organizing and hosting the JA (Junior Assembly) Ball in their beautiful building.
In 2016, the TCC established an endowment fund at CFNN to help further their philanthropic mission of supporting programs or services that are scientific, literary or educational, or for the prevention of cruelty to children or animals. TCC members share a vision or purpose, but each have a different perspective. Its membership represents a variety of ages and life stories providing for impactful group giving—it is the difference that women make together.
Today, TCC provides grant funding for 3 scholarships at TMCC in the fields of Nursing and Radiology, and also supports other local causes that fit their mission.