Phil and Jennifer Satre Medical Education Scholarship
For UNR students who are enrolled in the UNR Med School's Post-Baccalaureate Program, or rising 1st year medical students, to provide support for individuals who are committed to pursuing a medical degree – with the intent to practice in Nevada.
The deadline to apply via the online application is April 1st.
The P & J Satre Medical Education Scholarship is established to provide financial assistance for college students with the intent to pursue or who are already pursuing a medical degree. The Satres recognize the importance of having qualified medical professionals ready and willing to serve the great state of Nevada. This scholarship provides support through medical school for individuals who are committed to pursuing a medical degree – and with the intent to practice in Nevada. This scholarship is renewable with reapplication.
Eligible applicants meet the following criteria:
- Applicants can be enrolled in UNR Med Post-Baccalaureate Program, or rising 1st-year medical student at UNR, in good academic standing
- Are committed to pursuing a medical degree
- Have the intent to practice medicine in the state of Nevada
- Are residents of the state of Nevada
- Agree to maintain a minimum 2.5-grade point average and provide a copy of your unofficial transcripts at the end of each semester you are receiving a scholarship
Along with this application, you’ll be required to attach:
- Essay addressing the type of medicine you want to practice and where you see yourself after graduating from medical school
- Proof of Enrollment for UNR Med School or Post-Baccalaureate Program (i.e: class schedule, acceptance letter, etc.)