photo above (© 2018 Joel Angel Juárez. All rights reserved)
Motivated by a concerned donor, the Community Foundation has compiled a list of vetted and recommended organizations that are helping survivors of the Camp Fire in the towns of Paradise and Magalia, California.
Please contribute cash.
All too often during the aftermath of a disaster clothing and toiletries become a distribution, warehousing and logistical burden for organizations. We suggest checking the North Valleys Community Foundation
headquartered in Chico is a good place to learn what and how to give.
Connections are strong between northern Nevada and our neighbors facing devastation.Camp Fire- Paradise, CA
- Salvation Army- Reno: gosalarmy.org
- Monetary donations are needed at this time. The Salvation Army will utilize the funds to provide ongoing and future assistance in the Butte County area.
- In-kind donations are not currently being accepted outside the disaster area. However, these gifts are vitally important to your local Salvation Army. To give items locally, visit www.SATruck.com or call 1-800-SA-TRUCK.
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy: https://disasterphilanthropy.org/cdp-fund/cdp-california-wildfires-recovery-fund/
- California Wildfires Recovery Fund- will support medium and long-term recovery needs that will continue to surface throughout the wildfire-affected areas of California.
- Cash donations are recommended by disaster experts as they allow for on-the-ground agencies to direct funds to the greatest area of need, support economic recovery and ensure donation management doesn’t detract from disaster recovery needs.
- California Community Foundation’s Wildfire Relief Fund: https://www.calfund.org/wildfire-relief-fund/
- Supports intermediate and long-term recovery efforts for major California wildfires, as well as preparedness efforts.
- Opened in 2003 and has since raised $5 million to support relief and recovery efforts in the aftermath of devastating California wildfires.
- North Valley Community Foundation’s Camp Fire Relief Fund: https://www.nvcf.org/
- Assists the many community organizations serving evacuees and first responders.
- United Way of N. California’s NorCal Disaster Relief Fund: https://www.norcalunitedway.org/
- Donations assist relief and recovery operations in Shasta and Butte counties by providing emergency cash grants to those who lost their homes; assisting non-profit partners in their provision of direct services to survivors, and providing help for survivors through other United Way activities and programs.
Hill and Woolsey Fire, Los Angeles and Ventura County
- California Fire Foundation: http://www.cafirefoundation.org/programs/supplying-aid-to-victims-of-emergency/
- Supplying Aid to Victims of Emergency (SAVE) program provides direct assistance to those who’ve suffered catastrophic losses in the Camp Fire and Woolsey Fire by distributing $100 SAVE gift-cards
- Provides emergency short-term financial assistance to fire and natural disaster victims in California year-round, including both firefighters and civilians.
- Ventura County Community Foundation’s Hill Fire and Woolsey Fire Sudden & Urgent Needs Effort Fund: https://vccf.org/
- United Way of Greater Los Angeles and United Way of Ventura County: https://www.unitedwayla.org/en/give/disaster-relief-fund/
- Southern California Disaster Relief Fund primarily provides longer-term support to help low-income individuals and families affected by the Hill and Woolsey fires rebuild their lives.[gallery columns="2" size="medium" ids="10773,10774,10771"]