The Finchum Family Scholarship
The Finchum Family Scholarship is designed to support students who are graduates of northern Nevada high schools or who have received their high school equivalency/GED in Nevada, and plan to attend or are currently attending a trade or vocational school, community college, or 2- or 4- year institution in Nevada. Preference will be given to non-traditional students who demonstrate significant financial need. This is a one-time award of $1,000 or more, with the potential to be renewed with reapplication.
This scholarship is designed for students who:
- are residents of Northern Nevada (typically defined as Tonopah and north)
- graduated or are a graduating senior from a northern Nevada high school or have received their high school equivalency/GED in Nevada
- have a minimum GPA of no less than 3.0
- plan to attend a trade or vocational school, community college, or 2- or 4-year institution in Nevada
- agree to maintain a 2.5 GPA and provide a copy of unofficial transcripts at the end of each semester they are receiving a scholarship
Applications must include:
- transcript or equivalency
- essay written by the student (750 word maximum)
The deadline to apply via this online application is April 1st.
Questions? Contact the Scholarship Coordinator at 775-333-5499.