The Officer Mike Scofield Memorial Scholarship supports graduates or graduating seniors of northern Nevada high schools who: regularly attend a Bible-based church, are currently attending or will attend an accredited college or university in the fall, are enrolled as a full-time student, and have financial need. This scholarship is renewable with reapplication.
You are eligible to apply for this scholarship if you:
- graduated or will graduate from a northern Nevada high school
- regularly attend a Bible-based church
- are currently attending or are accepted at an accredited college or university
- are enrolled as a full-time student
- have financial need
- agree to maintain a minimum 2.5 grade point average and provide a copy of your unofficial transcripts at the end of each semester you are receiving a scholarship
Along with this application, you’ll be required to attach:
- transcript (unofficial)
- documentation of fees and tuition for your intended school
- personal reference letter from a person in your church leadership
- 1-2 page essay answering all of the following: 1) brief testimony of how you came to Christ and how He has worked in your life since then; 2) your goals for the education for which you are requesting financial assistance; 3) details on areas of ministry with which you have been involved.
The deadline to apply via the online application is April 30th. Renewal applications are due by February 28th.
Officer Mike Scofield
Police Officer Mike Scofield was killed in a motorcycle crash while responding to an accident with injuries on September 22, 2002. Officer Scofield served with the Reno Police Department for 25 years. He is survived by his wife and four children.