The Jack and Jane Becker Medical School Scholarship is offered to the University of Nevada, Reno medical students and qualified 4th-year students majoring in Pre-Medical Studies at UNR. This is a one-time award of $1,000 and has the potential to be renewed with reapplication.
You are eligible to apply for this award if you:
- are a graduate of a Nevada high school
- are a current Nevada resident
- are enrolled in UNR Med School, or are a 4th year pre-med student at UNR
- demonstrate great financial need
- agree to maintain full-time enrollment, the UNR minimum GPA requirement, and provide a copy of your unofficial transcripts at the end of each semester you are receiving a scholarship
Along with this application, you’ll be required to attach:
- Transcript from first 2 to 3 years of undergraduate studies or, if a medical student, transcript from medical school
- Copy of the first page of your (or your parent’s if they claim you as a dependent) most recent tax return
- Verification of enrollment at University of Nevada, Reno
- Letter of Recommendation from one of your UNR professors or counselor
The deadline to apply via the online application is March 1st. Renewal applications are due by February 28th.
Dr. John C. and Mrs. Jane Becker were well known to the Washoe County medical community. They were committed to providing medical services to the rural areas of Nevada.
This scholarship honors the life and medical service of Dr. and Mrs. Becker and is given to assist medical students with their hefty education costs.