Village on Sage Street Progress Update
As my last update about the Village on Sage Street was posted on July 28, I am excited to report our progress. The Village on Sage Street will be a community of 200 people with income between $1300 and $2500 per month. Dorm-style rooms will rent for $400 The Village is shaping up to be a real community with a community kitchen, a gathering room and landscaped grounds with welcoming shared spaces. The City of Reno made the land available and Volunteers of America will operate the housing community. The Community Foundation is the hub for the construction, development, community contributions and fundraising. In the last seven weeks:
- The sound wall near the railroad tracks was completed.
- The grading is finished.
- 90% of the modular housing facilities have been delivered from Wyoming.
- The modular buildings have been placed on their foundation and assembly is underway.
- The lease-purchase agreement for the property with the City of Reno has been completed.
- The Volunteers of America website is live, and a rental application waiting list is started.
- More than 40 people have signed up on the waiting list.
- We have received an additional $375,000.