Reno and Gloria Quilici Scholarship
For graduating seniors and Churchill residents, who may think college is out of reach, but who show potential, have drive, and are likely to succeed.
The deadline to apply via the online application is April 1st.
The Reno & Gloria Quilici Scholarship is designed for the student who may not qualify for other scholarships based on GPA but demonstrates commitment, passion, and drive.
The Reno & Gloria Quilici Scholarship is designed for students who are graduating seniors and Churchill residents, and may think college is out of reach, but who show potential, have drive, and are likely to succeed. Students must agree to maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 and stay enrolled full time.
You are eligible to apply for this scholarship if you:
- are a graduating senior, 18 years old or younger, in Churchill County.
- are a legal resident of the US
- have a minimum 3.0 un-weighted cumulative GPA
- have significant financial need
- have been accepted into UNR, UNLV, TMCC, Great Basin College, Western Nevada College, or a qualifying out-of-state school, while paying in-state tuition, or are pursuing certificate/vocational programs at local Community Colleges
- agree to maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA and provide a copy of your unofficial transcripts at the end of each semester you are receiving a scholarship
In addition to completing this application, you must also submit:
- current transcript
- letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor
- SAT/ACT report(s)
- financial aid packet
- an essay telling the selection committee about your life, your plans for the future, why you chose your certificate program, how your education will impact your life, and how your life has changed in the last two years
Biographies of Gloria and Reno Quilici
Gloria Fern Quilici was born August 12, 1931, in Reno, Nevada to Bill and Nevada Frolich, and she had one older sister, June Laverne Frolich.
Gloria met and married the love of her life, Reno Quilici and they were married on November 6, 1948. Reno and Gloria owned and operated Doc’s Radiator Shop in Reno for over 31 years. Gloria was the bookkeeper for the business. They retired in 1980 and moved to Fallon to fulfill one of Reno’s life long dreams to live on a ranch. They were both very active in our community, loved all the social events and they traveled extensively.
Reno Quilici November 3, 1925 – January 6, 2008
Reno was born in Reno, NV; to Pete and Paulina Quilici. The family lived in Dayton, NV where Reno attended schools. The family sold their ranch and moved to Reno during the time he was in high school. He finished his education in Reno, graduating from Reno High school. Reno owned and operated Doc’s Radiator in Reno for 31 years, selling and retiring in 1980. Reno fulfilled one of his life long dreams of owning a ranch. After retirement he with his wife purchased a ranch in Fallon where he spent many years farming the ground, raising cattle, living his dream. Reno was a man who loved the earth and what grew from it. He was very active in our community as well as Reno, an active member of the Elks Lodge for many years , he was instrumental in getting the beer garden started at the Labor Day Celebrations, member of the Chamber of Commerce for many years, Sierra Cascade Logging, National President of the Automotive Industry, Eagles and the Radiator Association. Reno and Gloria traveled extensively covering many corners of the globe.