Nevada Air National Guard Scholarship
The Chief Master Sergeant Gerald L. Larson Nevada Air National Guard Scholarship provides support for active enlisted members of the Nevada Air National Guard or the dependent of active members to attend the University of Nevada, Reno.
Eligible applicants meet the following requirements:
- They are active enlisted members of the Nevada Air National Guard or the dependent of an active member
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time at the University of Nevada, Reno in a program leading to a 4-year degree and must maintain passing grades in all courses.
- Applicants must also maintain the minimum UNR requirement of a cumulative 2.5 GPA and agree to submit an unofficial copy of transcripts at the end of each semester they are receiving an award.
- For high school applicants who are graduating seniors, a minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 must be met
Along with this application, you will submit the following:
- Proof of active enlisted membership in the Nevada Air National Guard, or proof of dependent status
- Proof of enrollment at UNR, such as an Acceptance Letter or class schedule showing full-time enrollment
This is a one-time award.
Chief Gerald Larson
Chief Larson served over 30 years, 1955 – 1988, as a Full-Time Guardsman and member of the Nevada Air National Guard. During that time, his main duties were in the Military Personnel Field, where he was involved with Enlisted Recruiting, Officer Appointments, the Pilot and Navigator Training Program, Enlisted and Officer Promotions, and most other aspects of the Field of Personnel. During January 1968, the Nevada Air National Guard called to active duty in the USAF as part of President Johnson’s response to the Pueblo Crisis, and he was deployed to Suwon Air Base, South Korea. Chief Larson was named the Outstanding Senior NCO of the Nevada Air National Guard for 1979. Chief Larson was the first President of the Nevada Chapter of the Enlisted Association of the United States. Governor Bob Miller issued a Proclamation proclaiming May 8, 1998, as “A Day In Honor of Gerald L Larson’s Outstanding Service to the State of Nevada.”