Claudine Williams Harrahs LV Employee Scholarship
This scholarship, set up through the Community Foundation was the dream of Claudine Williams, former owner of the Holiday Casino in Las Vegas.
The deadline to apply via the online application is April 3rd.
You are eligible to apply for the Claudine Williams Harrah’s LV Employee Scholarship if you meet all of the following requirements:
- your parent or legal guardian has been a full-time employee of the original Harrah’s Las Vegas property for three (3) consecutive years at grade L14 or below (including all H and S grades
- your parent or guardian continues to be employed by Caesars Entertainment either at Harrah’s Las Vegas or another Caesar’s property for three consecutive years on the date the application is submitted
- your family income shows a need for tuition assistance
- you are a high school senior or college student with a minimum cumulative unweighted 2.75 GPA
- you have a minimum 1200 SAT or 20 ACT score
- you agree to maintain a minimum 2.5 grade point average and provide a copy of your unofficial transcripts at the end of each semester you are receiving a scholarship for review prior to annual scholarship renewal
Along with this application, you’ll be required to attach:
- your school transcripts
- your ACT and/or SAT report(s)
- a one-page essay that tells the Committee something about yourself that is not revealed in your application, why you chose your school, and tells us about your career goals. *Note: Essays longer than one page will not be considered
Awards may be single- or multi-year; single-year awards have the potential to be renewable with reapplication.
March 17, 1921 - May 13, 2009
This scholarship helps the Harrah’s Las Vegas employees afford a quality education for their children.