Supporting Endowment Growth
I’m pleased to share that the Community Foundation Board recently approved two policy changes which will encourage endowment growth.
- We are lowering our fee, effective January 1st, to 1%. A lower fee will increase the net income and better support charities.
- We are adding an array of services to help charities build their endowments managed by the Community Foundation. As part of this process, we’ll be meeting with the nonprofits' staff and boards to discuss their role in growing their endowment, and how through encouraging charitable planned giving, we can help increase the number and size of their gifts.
- The principal is well invested and produces the maximum income.
- Well-meaning charity boards can’t accidentally violate their endowment rules such as spending the principal or borrowing against it.
- The Community Foundation tracks and complies with all donor restrictions.