“We have been truly inspired by the people whose talent, dedication and hard work have built this company into the leader of the gaming industry. This scholarship fund is a way to show our gratitude for those efforts by helping their children achieve their educational goals, especially children of tip and wage earners.”
– Phil and Jennifer Satre
You are eligible to apply for the Phil & Jennifer Satre Scholarship if you meet all of the following requirements:
- your parent or legal guardian is a full-time employee of Caesars Entertainment (formerly Harrah’s Entertainment, Inc.) at any Caesars property in Nevada
- your parent or legal guardian has been employed with the company for at least three consecutive years on the date the application is submitted;
- your parent or legal guardian employee is hourly, non-management salaried, or management grade L14 and below;
- your family income shows a need for tuition assistance;
- you are a high school senior at a Nevada high school–or a high school that borders Nevada–with a minimum cumulative unweighted 3.2 GPA;
- you have a minimum 1100 combined SAT or 24 ACT score;
- you agree to maintain a minimum 2.5-grade point average and provide a copy of your unofficial transcripts at the end of each semester you are receiving a scholarship for review prior to annual scholarship renewal
Along with this application, you’ll be required to attach:
- a one-page essay telling the selection committee something about you, your interests and goals–things that aren’t revealed in your application, and your motivation in choosing your school
- your school transcripts
- your ACT and/or SAT report(s)
Paid work, internships, and volunteerism will be a weighted selection tool used by the committee. This is a one-time award; awards may be single- or multi-year.
The deadline to apply via the online application is April 1st.