The Phil and Jennifer Satre Scholarship is not available for 2020.
“We have been truly inspired by the people whose talent, dedication and hard work have built this company into the leader of the gaming industry. This scholarship fund is a way to show our gratitude for those efforts by helping their children achieve their educational goals, especially children of tip and wage earners.”
– Phil and Jennifer Satre
You are eligible to apply for the Phil & Jennifer Satre Scholarship if you meet all of the following requirements:
- your parent or legal guardian is a full-time employee of Caesars Entertainment (formerly Harrah’s Entertainment, Inc.) at any Caesars property in Nevada
- your parent or legal guardian has been employed with the company for at least three consecutive years on the date the application is submitted;
- your parent or legal guardian employee is hourly, non-management salaried, or management grade L14 and below;
- your family income shows a need for tuition assistance;
- you are a high school senior at a Nevada high school–or a high school that borders Nevada–with a minimum cumulative unweighted 3.2 GPA;
- you have a minimum 1100 combined SAT or 24 ACT score;
- you agree to maintain a minimum 2.5-grade point average and provide a copy of your unofficial transcripts at the end of each semester you are receiving a scholarship for review prior to annual scholarship renewal
Along with this application, you’ll be required to attach:
- a one-page essay telling the selection committee something about you, your interests and goals–things that aren’t revealed in your application, and your motivation in choosing your school
- your school transcripts
- your ACT and/or SAT report(s)
Paid work, internships, and volunteerism will be a weighted selection tool used by the committee. This is a one-time award; awards may be single- or multi-year.
The deadline to apply via the online application is April 1st.