Happy Independence Day!
What information could be more useful than information about the ways people are celebrating the 4th of July in our beautiful communities? If you are looking for a public celebration here is a list of activities and fireworks in our area. Best wishes to you and yours for a fun day with friends and family as we celebrate the independence of the United States of America!
Fireworks, Parades, and Concerts:
- Wingfield Park patriotic concert by the Reno Phil with fireworks – 7:30-10 pm – Free
- Victorian Square, Sparks 14th annual Star-Spangled fireworks show with live music and Nick Sorrentino singing the National Anthem 5-9:30 pm, with a car show from 10 am-2 pm – FREE
- Virginia City parade, wine walk, period baseball and cowboy concert – all day – Free
- Mills Park, Carson City fireworks – Free
- Truckee 4th of July parade then fireworks at Donner Lake – Free
- South Lake Tahoe – “Big Bang” fireworks show at the Keys Marina at 9:30 pm – Free
- Tahoe City – Fireworks at Commons Beach – Free
- Fernley 4th of July parade 10 am with park festivities at 1 pm and fireworks – Free
If you don’t like staying up late on the 4th because you have to work on the 5th, You can enjoy fireworks at Kings Beach on July 3rd at 9:30 pm and a beach party all afternoon from 4-10 pm – Free
Now that we’re at the midpoint through the year you’d be surprised how many people start thinking about charitable giving plans. Many of the gift arrangements that will be made this year begin with a glass of iced tea at a nice patio restaurant in July or August. If you have been thinking about charitable gift arrangements, now or through your estate, please give me a call and we’ll get together to discuss your ideas and enjoy a warm summer afternoon or evening. Thanks for all you do to help the community.
Chris Askin, President, and CEO 775-333-5499
Connecting people who care with causes that matter