Community Foundation of Western Nevada Launches Newest Initiative:
Preventing Financial Scams
There are many financial scams.
- Strange calls asking for your Social Security Number.
- A romantic partner controlling finances.
- Caregivers exploiting the elderly.
- A family member making suspicious cash withdrawals.
- Predatory loans.
- Someone claiming they need your bank account number to stop a scam.
When our community comes together, good things happen. We want to hear from you. If you or someone you know has experienced a financial scam, or you represent an organization addressing these issues, please spread the word and join us.
Has someone tried to scam you?
Share Your Story – Help Others.
Your privacy is important to us. Nonprofit and service providers: you are encouraged to join us, especially those working to combat financial abuse.
Call Nick Tscheekar, Community Engagement Officer at 775-333-5499 to share your story or discuss ways you can be involved in the Preventing Scams initiative.