The Don Carano Legacy Scholarship
The Don Carano Legacy Scholarship was established to provide support for dependents of Caesars Entertainment Team Members who are a graduating high school senior or who are enrolled in a college or advanced learning program. The qualifying Team Member must be a Grade 12 or below, have minimum one (1) year of service with the company, and be in good standing with no written discipline at the time of application.
Awards will be a fixed amount of $5,000; recipients may reapply for up to three (3) additional years. Scholarship awards will be distributed to any college, university, trade school, or degree-granting program for the student's benefit upon confirmation of enrollment, and upon completing and signing a scholarship acceptance agreement.
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Dependent (meaning a child, spouse, or domestic partner) of a Caesars Entertainment Team Member, Grade 12 or below, in good standing with at least one year of full-time service
- Graduating high school senior or current college student
- Be enrolled in or plan to enroll in college, university, trade school, or other degree-granting program
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Minimum 1000 SAT score and/or minimum 20 ACT score
- Agree to maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 while enrolled in their educational program
In addition to completing this application, students must submit the following:
- Most recent high school or college transcript
- SAT and/or ACT scores (for graduating high school seniors)
- A 500 - 1,000 word essay outlining education inspirational goals
- 1-2 letters of reference from current high school or college faculty/administrator
Meeting eligibility requirements does not guarantee a scholarship award will be granted.
The deadline to apply via this online application is May 1.
Questions? Please call the Community Foundation of Northern Nevada, 775-333-5499, ext. 24, or email Lauren Renda, Philanthropic Advisor, at email@example.com