Skip to main content
Community Foundation of Northern Nevada Logo

First Impact Investment Made in Affordable Housing

A primary concern of the Community Foundation of Northern Nevada is the availability of affordable and workplace housing in our region. In the third quarter of 2017, in addition to working with local housing groups, we made a direct investment in housing.

Our first impact investment was made through a community development financial institution (CDFI) that provides credit and financial services to underserved markets and populations locally. For example, Hillside Meadows, centrally located in Reno across from Virginia Lake, provides 44 units of affordable family housing with a preference for working veterans earning less than 40 percent of the Area Median Income.

eaton-portrait

Contact Eaton Dunkelberger, President/CEO

If you are interested in supporting Community Foundation Impact Investing with part of your Community Foundation charitable fund or by making a donation, contact Eaton Dunkelberger.

Email EatonCall 775-333-5499 Ext. 160

The Community Foundation invested $800,000 through a local CDFI to support affordable housing projects in our region. Community Foundation investments that strengthen our community are one way the Community Foundation connects people who care with causes that matter.

Joseph Nevell, Navy. “I like it here. I was lucky enough to apply before it opened and was here for the ribbon cutting. I walk around Virginia Lake and enjoy looking at nature.”

“I like it here. I was lucky enough to apply before it opened and was here for the ribbon cutting. I walk around Virginia Lake and enjoy looking at nature.”

- Joseph Nevell, Navy