The Community Foundation looks at not only what we do, we also review results to determine our impact and improve performance.
The Community Foundation started measuring its impact in 2017. We knew that he had done a lot, but needed to determine if our work was really making a difference. In 2018 we added evaluations to many areas – including the Caregiver Support Initiative, 100% Giving Board Award, and High School Giving Circle. Now evaluation guides our process.
2020 Impact Highlights
- 100% Occupancy
- 311 people have moved into the Village since opening in July 2019
- 110 people who have moved out
- 35.% of move-outs decreased debt
- 12% increased income
- Average rating 4.7 out of 5
- 94% of 2020 participants would recommend the Nonprofit Academy to other Executive Directors
- Knowledge of strategic planning increased by 44%
- Average knowledge of community needs increased by 72%.
- 100% would participate again or recommend the program to a friend.
- 79% are now more likely to donate to a nonprofit.
- 86% are more likely to volunteer at a nonprofit.
- 90% of caregivers found the information in the Washoe Caregivers Guidebook easy to understand.
- 90.48% of caregivers feel they will be able to provide better care to their family members after reading the Washoe Caregivers Guidebook.
- 71% of caregivers stated WashoeCaregivers.org decreased the amount of time they spent looking for resources.
- 8.14 rating on average when asked how effective the Community Foundation’s Caregiver Support Initiative is at addressing the needs of unpaid family caregivers to seniors.
- 92% of participants found new or interesting information on the presenting nonprofit organizations.
- 100% of participants would recommend the Family Estate Planning Series to a family member or friend.
- Average rating of the Family Estate Planning Series overall was 4.8 out of 5.
Community Foundation Initiatives have a far-reaching impact. While no longer active, The Youth Network Initiative was the impetus for change. Services for homeless youth have grown, organized, and are collaborating in Northern Nevada. Initiatives, activities, and grants are making a positive difference to our lives in Northern Nevada.