Michel, General Fred, Career In Aviation Scholarship
The General Fred Michel Memorial Scholarship is for students interested in aviation and plan to pursue it as a career. This scholarship has the potential to be renewed with reapplication.
The deadline to apply via the online application is March 15.
You are eligible to apply for a scholarship if you:
- provide strong evidence of interest in aviation as a career
- are a senior graduating from a northern Nevada high school, or are enrolled in or accepted to an accredited institution of higher education (2-year, 4-year, trade school, or certificate program)
- are pursuing or plan to pursue a degree in a field related to aviation
- have a minimum 2.75 GPA
- agree to maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA and submit an unofficial copy of transcripts at the end of each semester you are receiving an award
Along with this application, you’ll be required to attach:
- SAT and/or ACT report(s)
- an essay that tells the selection committee about your interest in a career in an aviation-related field
- one or two letters of recommendation from counselors, teachers, or professionals (not family members) verifying your interest in aviation
Meeting eligibility requirements does not guarantee a scholarship award will be granted.
Questions? Please call the Community Foundation of Western Nevada, 775-333-5499, or email Lauren Renda, Program Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
I am passionate about aviation and strive to support and mentor anyone looking to enter the field of aerospace. I look forward to continuing my endeavor of earning a degree in aerospace engineering, and ultimately becoming a naval officer.
I believe a strong community is formed only once people begin to volunteer their time to one another. Community Foundation of Western Nevada truly embodies giving back and has become a cornerstone in the community. – Tristan A. Martel, Scholarship Recipient