Training for Executive Directors of Regional Nonprofits.
The Nonprofit Academy is open to nonprofit Executive Directors/CEOs who have less than three years of experience in their current role. Participation is limited to one participant per organization.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, all meetings from January 2021 through at least June 2021 will be held via Zoom. Executive Directors from rural communities in northern Nevada are encouraged to apply.
There is no cost to participate.
Please contact Nick Tscheekar at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Nonprofit Academy features make it unique and valuable.
- Participation is free.
- Nonprofit Academy participants create their curriculum. The Community Foundation does not assume the training needs. Instead, we ask participants what topics are most important to them, just like we do with our initiatives. What are nonprofits missing that will advance their organization the most?
- Participants listen and learn from each other. At the start of their meetings, participants will share recent achievements and seek wisdom from their peers.
“We will be embarking on a strategic planning process in 2020 that will have HUGE impact on the organization’s future. I will also be using the concept that our goals should drive the creation of our annual budget starting with the 20-21 fiscal year.”
“Topics that came up in Nonprofit Academy became topics in board meetings. I talked with my staff about what we were doing in the NP Academy and that led to good conversations that would not have happened otherwise.”
“The Nonprofit Academy has helped me become more strategic in educating the board, board direction and marketing our mission and purpose.”
“I really appreciated being a part of this group and also learning more about the Community Foundation. I think both of those things will continue to benefit both me, as a non-profit professional, and my organization.”
2020 Nonprofit Participating Organizations
Artists’ Co-operative of Reno
Arts for All Nevada
Bristlecone Family Resources
David J. Drakulich Foundation
Food Bank of Northern Nevada
For Kids Foundation
National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges
Nevada Community Action Association
Northern Nevada Literacy Council
Northern Nevada Math Club
Tahoe Public Art
Tahoe’s Connection for Families
TheatreWorks of Northern Nevada
United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra
2019 Nonprofit Academy Participating Organizations
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northern Nevada
Communities in Schools
Cultural Alliance Nevada
Dress for Success
Girls on the Run – Sierras
Nevada Educational Advocacy Center for Children & Youth
Nevada Historical Society
Nevada Outdoor School
Reno Little Theater
Sierra Arts Foundation
Tahoe Rim Trail Association
- Participants rated the Nonprofit Academy 4.7 out of 5 on average
- Knowledge of board development and engagement increased by 67.85% on average
- Knowledge of strategic planning increased by 54.34% on average