I am passionate about aviation and strive to support and mentor anyone looking to enter the field of aerospace. I look forward to continuing my endeavor of earning a degree in aerospace engineering, and ultimately becoming a naval officer.
I believe a strong community is formed only once people begin to volunteer their time to one another. Community Foundation of Western Nevada truly embodies giving back and has become a cornerstone in the community. – Tristan A. Martel, Scholarship Recipient
Deadline to apply via this online application is March 31.
The General Fred Michel Memorial Scholarship is for students interested in aviation and plan to pursue it as a career. This scholarship has the potential to be renewed with reapplication.
You are eligible to apply for a scholarship if you:
- provide strong evidence of interest in aviation as a career
- are a senior graduating from a northern Nevada high school, or are enrolled in or accepted to an accredited institution of higher education (2-year, 4-year, trade school, or certificate program)
- are pursuing or plan to pursue a degree in a field related to aviation
- have a minimum 2.75 GPA
- agree to maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA and submit an unofficial copy of transcripts at the end of each semester you are receiving an award
Along with this application, you’ll be required to attach:
- SAT and/or ACT report(s)
- an essay that tells the selection committee about your interest in a career in an aviation-related field
- one or two letters of recommendation from counselors, teachers, or professionals (not family members) verifying your interest in aviation
Meeting eligibility requirements does not guarantee a scholarship award will be granted.
Questions? Please call the Community Foundation of Western Nevada, 775-333-5499, or email Lauren Renda, Program Officer, at email@example.com