Please join me in congratulating Lauren Renda and Lyndsey Crossley for completing a rigorous program to earn the designation, Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy.
The CAP® program, a rigorous year-long academic program with proctored testing, has increased their knowledge in these areas:
• Applying the best tax strategies, tools, and techniques for charitable giving.
• Understanding client or donor goals for self, family, and society and putting together holistic financial strategies that meet those goals in the most impactful way possible.
• Advising wealthy families on important financial matters, including business exit planning, estate planning, and legacy planning.
• Handling gift-planning for nonprofits, including developing six- to eight-figure gifts from high-capacity donors.
• Serving older adults who want to give back during retirement.
• Using financial skills and philanthropic planning to make a positive difference in the community and the world.
As Philanthropic Advisors, Lyndsey and Lauren offer expanded services, including custom planning and retreat facilitation for families engaging multiple generations and stewardship of family foundations.
Between them, Lyndsey and Lauren have more than a decade of experience. They have been integral in the Community Foundation’s 10,000 grants and scholarships totaling $135 million. There are only six CAP® Chartered Philanthropic Advisors in Northern Nevada. I so am proud that the two trained experts with the experience of scale and current grantmaking and scholarship management in our region are at the Community Foundation of Western Nevada.
Their practical experience, client relationships, and connections with nonprofits combined with expansive applied knowledge have qualified them to provide the highest level of philanthropic advising available in the Western United States.
All of us at the Community Foundation could not be prouder of them and their most recent achievement.
On another note, the stock market is hitting historic highs. The timing could not be better for year-end giving. If you wish to add to your charitable fund at the Community Foundation or are considering establishing a new Fund, please give me a call. We can help you make your gift happen quickly, whether it involves stock, real property, or other assets.
Chris Askin, President/CEO
Connecting people who care with causes that matter