Never Underestimate Your Power to Transform Our Community
The Community Foundation of Western Nevada created the Community Endowment to build a never-ending resource of charitable funds. The Community Endowment is a legacy that we will pass on to our children.
Together your gift, when combined over time with your neighbors’ and friends’ gifts, will grow to be a great philanthropic resource to meet pressing community needs.
We cannot know what challenges our grandchildren will face. We do know that a gift to the Community Endowment will always be relevant, important to our region, and most of all, available when needed. Through the Community Endowment, we are able to invest in thoughtful solutions to a variety of community challenges, ensuring the strength and vibrancy of Northern Nevada. Download the Case Statement
How much does The Community Fund Grant?
The Community Fund 5-year Grant Disbursement Projection
|Grant Year||Grant Count||Grant Total|
|2020||up to 16||$69,000|
*Estimate is based on conservative $3,500,000 invested by Sept 2021 and $4,000,000 invested by 2022.
What does The Community Fund Support?
- Local nonprofits making a vital difference
- Studies and projects of regional importance
- Community initiatives aimed at social impact
- Address community challenges as they arise
- At least 10% is reserved to aid in national and regional natural disasters, emergencies, or other crises annually Community Fund grants may not be used for Community Foundation overhead.
See programs funded by Community Fund Grants
The Community Endowment Fund – A Good Option for Your Bequest
Together you and your neighbors, and perhaps your family before you, have built this community. Now we can all do something profound to sustain it and help the people who will live here after us. Think of your community as one of your heirs. Leave five percent of your estate to the Community Endowment Fund.
To learn more about leaving a bequest in your will or trust call our Development Team at 775-333-5499.
The Community Fund Advisory Committee
An advisory committee will form annually to decide how funds are distributed. The advisory committee will consist of:
- 8 Community Foundation Board members
- 3 Community Foundation staff
- 4 members of the community representing diverse perspective and geographic reach