- 2 pounds of turkey
- fresh cranberries
- brown sugar or regular sugar
- an orange
- salt & pepper (optional)
- Before you touch your ingredients, go ahead and cut your meat into slices about 1/4″ thicks.
- Next, you can either chop up your cranberries in a blender or food processor to make more juice or line the bottom of a cake pan with the cranberries and smash them with a fork adding just a little water.
- After you have done that, lay your strips on top of the cranberry juice and salt and pepper both sides, if you like, you do not have to season at all if you’d like to maintain more of the sweet taste.
- Go ahead and sprinkle with your sugar but not too much if you don’t have much of a sweet tooth and squeeze that orange to zest your meat strips with a light orange flavor. Turn strips over if you’d like to zest both sides.
- Let marinate in the fridge for as long as you’d like, flipping the meat strips ever so often to soak in that juicy cranberry flavor!
- Once you have let it sit to your preference, set your oven on the lowest temperature and transfer that cake pan from the fridge to the oven, leaving the door propped open for ventilation. Dehydration takes anywhere from 3-9 hours in an oven but check periodically. Take out if you like it chewier or leave in longer if you like it more crispy! Hope you enjoy this great Thanksgiving appetizer!