What does it take to get into Village on Sage Street? We are planning that the Village will be ready for occupancy by the end of June. As the construction winds up, a few concerned people asked us what is needed to be successful in the selection process for Village on Sage Street. Once the exterior improvements are completed, the ramps and curbs are installed, and building interior hallways finished and painted, the VOA will begin the selection process.
Here are the requirements:
- Fill out the brief online VOA Occupancy Interest list.
- When the VOA calls you for an appointment you will be given a tour of a dorm room, the dorm wing bathrooms, and the public areas ( recreation and dining hall). If you agree that the single occupancy dorm-style room will work for you:
- Be able to prove you are at least 18 years old.
- Be prepared to prove that you have a monthly income between $1,300 and $2,500. Have proof of two month’s paychecks or income distributions from Social Security.
- The VOA will run a criminal background check. Applicants with a felony criminal record of violent or sexual crimes within a period of 5 years will be disqualified.
- You will be asked to pay a $400 rental deposit and your first month’s rent of $400.