Care Connect Engage
This holiday season while you connect with family and friends, bake, shop, and decorate – pause a moment to count your blessings. Light a warm feeling within yourself by helping someone else.
Here are five ways to engage with the community and make a big difference to a person near you.
1. Baby it is cold outside! Drop off a warm jacket to Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission, Catholic Charities, or the Salvation Army and fill the pockets with new warm socks, a pair of gloves, and a warm hat. You can find more nonprofits serving people in poverty by visiting Nonprofit Connections. Your contributions of money, volunteer time, or warm clothes will be gratefully welcomed.
2. Take a walk through the Community Foundation’s Nonprofit Connections
Find a wide variety of local nonprofit organizations and learn about their highest funding priorities.
Community Foundation fundholders, call your Stewardship Team representative, Lauren Renda or Lyndsey Crossley at 775-333-5499 for grant assistance or recommend a grant online through nevadafund.org.
3. Paradise Camp Fire relief organizations need support. Learn how you can lend a hand at Ways to Help Survivors of the Paradise Fire
4. Help Open Housing Doors in Reno. Donate to the Community Housing Land Trust and help us open 200 doors for people with low-incomes at the Village on Sage Street. Spread the word about the Village on Sage Street Residence Application Waiting List. 150 people are now on the list. Help someone in need sign up today.
5. Do you know a caregiver? Give them a break and the gift of your friendship and company. Point them to the Caregiver Support Initiative and its resources on www.washoecaregiver.org or stop by our office and pick up a Caregiver Guidebook to bring to them.