“The nonprofit world is divided between the data haves and the data have-nots. … The challenge boils down to money, expertise, and infrastructure. Charities have a hard time raising money to measure results, let alone collect and analyze information to improve operations. Talent is scarce—and pricey. Even charities with abundant resources struggle when their data resides in different systems that don’t easily connect.” “How to Cross the Data Divide,” Chronicle of Philanthropy, page 14, April 2016.
- Determine your eligibility. Visit the Grants Guidelines age and read the Grant Guidelines for the grant(s) you wish to apply for. Take note of eligibility requirements and the deadline for applications.
- When you are ready to apply, click the LOI Application button located at the bottom of the Grant announcement.
- Create a login. First-time users select “Create New Account” and complete the requested information (required fields are indicated by an asterisk).
- Begin the application. Note the specific instructions for each question, as well as the character limit for responses (characters DO include spaces). File upload questions also have file size limits. Be sure to save your progress often as the system times out after long periods of inactivity. You may save your application as a draft and log back in at any time to edit.
- Submit the application. Select “Submit” at the bottom of the application. Before doing so, make sure you’ve edited your application and it is free of errors. Once you submit your application, you can no longer edit it.