Let us Give Thanks
This time of year we get to read so many great Thanksgiving columns and sentiments that I thought I’d be totally original and give you the list of things that I am grateful for, almost every day.
- I’m thankful for my beautiful, smart, supportive, and hardworking wife. My best friend, an amazing mother. Plus she helps me eat healthier and remember to exercise and relax.
- I’m thankful for my job, a true life calling that is incredibly challenging and at the same time so meaningful in real ways that truly make a difference.
- I am thankful for the Community Foundation of Western Nevada Board members. Especially two special members, Linda Smith and Beth Schuler who were recognized for their contribution to the Foundation and our community by AFP at the Philanthropy Day Cornerstone Luncheon. Read about their accomplishments here.
- I’m thankful that no day is the same and that every month and every year is different. Everything is moving and changing, and I just love that.
- I’m thankful and proud that both my kids have completed their undergraduate degrees and are working, independent, and developing wonderful budgeting, planning, and life skills. 2014 has been a great year and my load, real and imagined, has lightened.
- I’m thankful that we don’t do our holiday decorating until after Thanksgiving.
- Here’s my catchall… I’m thankful for my friends and family, co-workers and colleagues, board members, and their supportive families; for pets and animals in general; for our beautiful community and region; for all the hardworking charities and workers in Northern Nevada; for travel and adventure; for solitude and company; for colors, art, beautiful streams, and warm oceans.
- I’m thankful that another weekly column is done. Now I hope we can all take a few days off to spend with family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving!
A quick reminder… the year is RAPIDLY coming to a close, so please call now if you’d like to discuss a year-end gift.
We connect people who care with causes that matter.
Chris Askin, President & CEO
P.S. The Community Foundation of Western Nevada will be closed Thursday Thanksgiving Day and Friday, November 28th.