For Immediate Distribution
October 7, 2016
Contact: Tracy Turner, Chief Philanthropy Officer, Community Foundation of Western Nevada
Office – 775-333-5499, c-775-636-0951, email@example.com
The email below from the Grants Managers Network contains valuable links for ways to help in the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew. Tracy Turner will be referring people who call the Community Foundation of Western Nevada for suggestions to the Center for Disaster Philanthropy http://disasterphilanthropy.org/
List of NGO’s vetted and working in Haiti and the Caribbean: http://disasterphilanthropy.org/disaster/hurricane-matthew-sweeps-atlantic/
We are sharing the following message from our friends at the Center for Disaster Philanthropy.
Hurricane Matthew is barreling toward Florida as we speak. Here are several Center for Disaster Philanthropy resources that may be useful to you:
• The Disaster Philanthropy Playbook – this resource is always available to assist funders with a host of strategies that funders can use to help communities. From Housing and Legal Services to Mental Health and Mitigation, the Playbook is an essential resource.
• Our Hurricane Matthew disaster profile is updated with current facts and stats as well as more information on how the NGO community is responding and what funders are responding to the disaster.
• Regine Webster from CDP authored this blog to answer three important funder questions: When, How, and Where to Give.
Several stellar external resources have caught the CDP team’s eye over the past few days. It is a mix of articles and websites:
• Stay or go? Evacuations carry a price
• Hurricane Matthew Nears U.S., and States Brace for Impact
• Washington Post – Capital Weather Gang