The Hispanic Heritage Day Nursing Scholarship helps students of Hispanic heritage pursue degrees in the nursing profession. Applicants may attend Truckee Meadows Community College or University of Nevada-Reno. This scholarship is for one year of support.
Applications must be submitted online by March 31 and applicant must attend school in fall of the same year.
You are eligible to apply for this scholarship if you’ve been accepted to either Truckee Meadows Community College or University of Nevada-Reno and
- are a high school senior currently attending a high school in Washoe County, Nevada
- have a family income that shows a need for tuition assistance
- have declared nursing as primary area of study
- have an unweighted cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or better based on a 4.0 scale
- are of Hispanic heritage
Along with this application, you will submit the following:
2) Essay that tells the Committee something about yourself that is not revealed in your application. Also, the essay should address your motivation in choosing nursing as your major, and about your career goals.
3) Optional: 1-page resume or 1-page addendum.