Are you worried about your children’s inheritance?
Do you have a living will and an advanced health care directive?
Do you know what to expect from your attorney and how to prepare and be organized for your appointment?
Most of us missed Estate Planning 101 in school.
Planning for your family’s needs is not easy. It takes expertise and specific knowledge — something we are willing to share.
Hundreds of your neighbors have attended these workshops. Why don’t you give them a try?
- You will learn how to create a personal Advanced Health Care Directive that clearly reflects your unique wishes.
- You will learn about trusts and how to be a trustee and an executor.
- Learn the whys and hows of Conservatorship and Power of Attorney.
This is important and complicated knowledge we all need. It is available to you for free starting March 19 in a 7-week Estate Planning Series. Taught by local professionals who are volunteering their time, these classes are underwritten by KNPB and the Community Foundation and sponsored by respected local charities.
More information on class topics, locations, times and dates here.
“Estate Planning Series” workshops are free but they are NOT sales pitches disguised as information.
- You will not be asked for a donation.
- The speakers will not receive your contact information.
- You can be sure no financial or insurance products will be sold.
- All volunteer class presenters are local professionals (financial planners, estate planning attorneys, investment advisors) and experts in their field.
Our motivation for bringing you this education opportunity is simple: when you are through with the workshops, you will understand the value of including charities in your estate plan. When you are ready, the Community Foundation is here to help. We make philanthropy simple, powerful and satisfying.
Classes fill up early and are open to the public, so don’t wait to call 775-333-5499 and reserve your spot.
Underwritten by KNPB and the Community Foundation of Western Nevada the Estate and Financial Planning Workshop Series are brought to you as a free community service by these fine sponsors.
American Heart/Stroke Association
Boys and Girls Club of Truckee Meadows
The Children’s Cabinet
DRI Desert Research Institute
Food Bank of Northern Nevada
Nevada Diabetes Association
Nevada Humane Society
Nevada Land Trust
Renown Health Foundation
United Way of the Northern Nevada and the Sierra
Washoe Library System