You can count on us to be a solutions-minded partner and expert resource.
Save the Date
Special Needs Trusts Professional Advisor Education Seminar
Recent Developments and Case Studies
Robert Flemming, CELA
September 14, 2017 2 PM to 4:30 PM
$60 two continuing education units / free for Professional Advisor Council members
You can have confidence that you will remain in control of the client relationship and that your clients will be treated with respect and integrity. We are a solutions-minded partner helping you and your client create a charitable gift plan that satisfies.
“With the Community Foundation as your charitable giving partner you can do more by doing less. ” – Comment made at a local CPA Conference
Step 1. Call Chris Askin, CEO, and Certified Planned Giving Specialist, (775-333-5499) to confidentially discuss your client’s planned giving opportunities. We are happy to meet with you and your client to help you provide the best possible service. Chief of Philanthropy, Tracy Turner,PhD earned a CAP (Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy) designation to further help our fundholders with their giving.
Step 2: Sign up for GiftLaw resources pages written for professional advisors.
GiftLaw Pro – Charitable Tax References
Advisor News: containing, Private Letter Rulings, Case of the Week, Washington Hotline, and Article of the Month. The GiftLaw Advisor News is emailed every Saturday with an original message about local philanthropic and charitable giving issues by Chris Askin.
Subscribe in the box on the right.
Why work with the Community Foundation when your clients are interested in charitable planned giving?
We are your charitable giving expert resource.
Together we can make more good happen!
It is easy to help a client set up a charitable fund, and it can be accomplished in less than a day.
- Decide what type of contribution the client would like to use to establish the fund. A donor can contribute cash, securities, or other property.
- Select a name for the fund. Clients can use their own name, the name of a family member or one they invent.
- Designate current fund advisors such as the client and spouse, and successor advisors such as children.
- Complete and sign a simple governing document that we will provide and help customize for the donor.
Once a fund is established, donors may:
- Add to the fund at any time in any dollar amount.
- Specify how grant disbursements are to be acknowledged: in the name of the fund or anonymously.
- The donor advisor may recommend distributions from their fund to charities, locally or throughout the United States.
To get started, explore a donation option or discuss a situation, call Chris Askin, CEO at 775-333-5499 or by email: email@example.com
You don’t have to take our word for it!
Check out the members of our Professional Advisor Council. Each of these professionals has worked with us to make their client’s philanthropic goals a reality. Give them a call and they will tell you about their experience working with the Community Foundation.